[LLVMdev] Another Pass Manager Assertion

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 18 10:55:39 PST 2007

Dear All,

The attached code (which is a contrived test case) hits the following
assertion:

test:
/home/vadve/criswell/src/llvm22/include/llvm/PassAnalysisSupport.h:226:
AnalysisType& llvm::Pass::getAnalysisID(const llvm::PassInfo*,
llvm::Function&) [with AnalysisType = Pass1]: Assertion `ResultPass &&
"getAnalysis*() called on an analysis that was not " "'required' by
pass!"' failed.
Abort

Does anyone see anything wrong with my use of the pass manager
interface?  As far as I can tell, the code looks correct.

-- John T.