[LLVMdev] how to compile mingw-llvm-gcc in windows

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Sun Dec 16 23:25:56 PST 2007

Hello, Dueky

> But I could not make a success of compile to the "mingw-llvm-gcc in
> windows".
> I saw binary file "mingw-llvm-gcc for windows" , but I couldn't find
> the "how to compile to the mingw-llvm-gcc in windows".
In general, compilation of llvm-gcc for mingw is the same as compilation
of llvm-gcc for any other platform. However, there are bunch of small
glitches here and there due to some windows-specific stuff, etc.

I strongly don't recommend to build llvm-gcc by yourself - use
precompiled binary. Each mingw llvm-gcc version I'm building for the
release goes through some tests ensuring, that everything is ok with it.

However, I'm happy to answer any specific questions about mingw llvm-gcc
compilation. I tried several times "to compile" all available small bits
in some more or less full documentation, but it seems, it cannot cover
even small amount of problems which can be usually seen during such
compilation.

PS: Another variant can be cross-compilation from linux box.
--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.