[LLVMdev] ocaml binding question

Sarah Thompson sarah.j.thompson at nasa.gov
Mon Dec 10 15:58:41 PST 2007

Gordon Henriksen wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> On 2007-12-10, at 18:28, Jon Harrop wrote:

>>> :) I'm adding it now.
>>>
>> I'd really appreciate JIT support from OCaml while you're there and
>> if you'd like to send me some money as well that'd be great. ;-)
>>

> :) Well, this commit should be a good template for adding bindings for
> new libraries.
>

>> Incidentally, should more OCaml stuff beyond the bindings be part of
>> LLVM or would it be better to fork them into a separate project
>>

> Can you be more specific than "stuff"?
>

>> and alleviate some stress from Chris et al? Might be easier if a
>> community want to tinker with ideas, e.g. for a higher-level
>> interface.
>>

> Chris doesn't have Ocaml installed, AFAIK, so I don't know how much of
> a concern that is. ;) I'd probably be the first line of review.

I'd be inclined to push for at least the binding staying linked with
LLVM's releases, at least from a version control point of view, or it
would get difficult to keep them working together reliably. As for other
ocaml-based tools, I'm not so concerned, though obviously if they turn
out to be very useful it might make sense to distribute them with the
core release.

[s]