[LLVMdev] LLVM projects: Change framework

Vikram S. Adve vadve at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 25 07:29:27 PDT 2007

Jakob,

What exactly can you describe in this change language?  There is a
lot of research happening now on techniques to identify the best
sequence of optimizations for a particular program, or just the best
output form for the program.  There are no really good
infrastructures for this kind of work, but we have been interested in
making LLVM useful for such work.  (LLVM has been used by Keith
Cooper's group at Rice for this purpose because it allows very easy
pipelining of passes.)

I'm wondering if the change language can be used to describe a
sequence of transformations more abstractly to make this kind of
research easier and more systematic?

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.org