[LLVMdev] command line option

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Apr 14 11:35:28 PDT 2007

Dear LLVM'ers (or whatever name you will soon have),

     I want to create a pass option, that I could pass at command line, and
that would be visible among many different MachineFunction passes. It
would be something like the join-liveintervals used in
LiveIntervalAnalysis, but I want my option to be visible among many
passes, and not only one. I browsed the documentation, but I did not find
the info I was looking for. Could any of you tell me a little about it?
I mean, do I have to write something like:

   static cl::opt<bool>
   EnableJoining("join-liveintervals",
                 cl::desc("Join compatible live intervals"),
                 cl::init(true));

in some .h, and then include it in every pass that would read
EnableJoining? Is there a standard way of doing this?

best,

Fernando