[LLVMdev] CVS Branches To Discard?

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Mon Apr 2 11:08:15 PDT 2007

All,

We are considering removing some branches and tags in the conversion
process from CVS to SVN. We don't want to do this in a vaccuum, so
please read carefully.

A deficiency in the cvs2svn script causes it to bloat the Subversion
repository (significantly, as in 10x) in the conversion of branches and
tags. We can minimize the impact of this by only keeping branches and
tags that we really need. This gives us an opportunity to clean up some
"dead wood" too. Obviously, I don't want to do this without your
feedback (loosing your needed branch/tag would be bad).

So, please consult the SVN Migration page,
http://llvm.org/SVNMigration.html. This lists the branches and tags we
have currently and whether they are scheduled for deletion or inclusion.
If you think I've categorized something incorrectly, please let me know
ASAP!

We'd like to get this finalized over the next few days.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Reid.