[LLVMdev] Testing a register allocator

Anton Vayvod avayvod at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 05:19:52 PDT 2006

> If the test output claims that llc-beta fails, then your register
> allocator is producing incorrect code.  In a multisource directory, if you
> use 'make bugpoint-llc-beta' in some failing test directory, bugpoint will
> automatically reduce the failure to a smaller example for you.

Ok. My allocator failed on MultiSource/Applications/Burg test.
I run bugpoint and it gives me bugpoint-reduced-simplified.bc.
I run llc on this file with all LLVM register allocators and it gives the
same result (under gdb):

0x00634572 in (anonymous namespace)::X86DAGToDAGISel::DeleteNode (
    this=0x4c3b710, N=0x4c3e5c0)
    at /llvm/obj/lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc:77
77          SDNode *Operand = I->Val;

SEGFAULT seems to come before register allocation pass is being run.

Thanks.

--
Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.