[LLVMdev] Current work on type-safety proving?

Julian Hall jules at meridiandigital.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 02:06:48 PDT 2006

Thanks for your replies.

This all looks extremely interesting, and I see now what I would need to
do to go ahead with this.

I would plan on using a subset of C++ with a garbage collector as my
target language, and would probably exclude existing standard libraries
(my application would require a specific API be available, but not much
else), except for those that would compile within such a language subset
(e.g. C string manipulations, some parts of the C++ STL and boost, etc.).

I'm hoping this will be possible without compiler modifications, but
fear it might not be.  I don't know if the type information emitted by
G++ is enough to enable all the checks I'll need.