[LLVMdev] Zion Out Of Disk Space!

John T. Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 25 13:30:02 PST 2006

Vikram S. Adve wrote:

>How big was that log file?  If we are running close to the limit, I
>can just buy a new disk for zion.  Other suggestions welcome.

It was 1 GB in size and was due to repeated errors in a script (PHP
script, I think).  I don't think it should have been that big.

As far as disk space goes, Zion has plenty.  The problem is that
/var/log is on a small partition and, therefore, doesn't benefit from
the vast space that we recently added.

BTW, thanks to Reid for fixing the bug.

-- John T.