[LLVMdev] Zion Out Of Disk Space!

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Fri Nov 24 23:22:43 PST 2006

Hi John,

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 00:38 -0600, John T. Criswell wrote:
> Reid Spencer wrote:
>
> 1) It appears that the only problem was with sending email to the
> llvm-commits list; any files commited to the repository should be commited.

Okay, good :)

> 2) The web server error log filled up /var/log, preventing the CVS
> commit script from sending email.  The Apache error log was filled with
> entries like this:
>
> [client 219.140.157.109] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  1 in
> /home/vadve/shared/llvm-wwwroot/nightlytest/ProgramResults.php on line
> 429, referer: http://llvm.org/nightlytest/machine.php?machine=53
>
> If someone knows how to fix this problem, I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise,
> /var/log might fill up again.

Its fixed. The problem was the result of the split function which
returns an array. However if it can't return an array then accessing its
result as an array yields the "undefined offset" (into the array)
message.  I just added a few more checks to make sure this message goes
away.  The down side is that when it doesn't match the pattern it will
create some ugliness in the displayed output. I'm sure Jim can take care
of that.

> 3) I took the LLVM web server down for a few minutes to copy the old log
> file on to a larger partition.  The original is now deleted (i.e. we
> have room in /var/log again).  All web services should be enabled now.

Thank you, John.