[LLVMdev] 1.9 Prerelease Available for Testing

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue Nov 14 18:26:06 PST 2006

> When building LLVM 1.9 on OSX 10.4.8, I get (after a while, see attachment):
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/path/to/llvm-build/Debug/bin/tblgen',
> needed by `/path/to/llvm-build/lib/VMCore/Debug/Intrinsics.gen.tmp'.  Stop.
> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
> when doing:
>
> $LLVM_SRC/configure --prefix=$LLVM_INSTALL --with-llvmgccdir=$LLVM_FRONT
> --disable-optimized --enable-targets=host-only --enable-doxygen
>
> LLVM 1.8 compiled fine before though.

I'm able to reproduce this if I skip doing a "make" and directly do a
"make install" after configuring. I believe we require people to do a full
build before attempting to install. So I don't think its really a bug.
Could you try doing a make first and then install? Please let me know if
you have any more problems.

-Tanya