[LLVMdev] datapoint for recent llvm-gcc4 build failures

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Thu Nov 9 15:51:40 PST 2006

Gentlemen,

>From the GettingStarted.html guide:

GCC 4.1.1: GCC fails to build LLVM with template concept check errors
compiling some files. At the time of this writing, GCC mainline (4.2)
did not share the problem.

I continue to use 3.4.6 because of 4.1.X failures and because it is
*very* slow to compile LLVM. Its not clear that 4.2 will fix the slow
compilation problems (lots of related GCC bugs still not fixed).

Reid.