[LLVMdev] llvm windows re-port

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Sat Nov 4 04:23:08 PST 2006

Hello Žiga

Sat, 04 Nov 2006 12:48:23 +0100 you wrote:

> I decided to make llvm port on windows, to support at least Visual
> Studio 7.1 and Visual Studio 8. I guess I will make only Visual
> Studio 7.1 version, since it can be easily converted to version 8.
Good. Please note, that they're something about 1.5 years old. There
already were some attempts to do visual studio port, search llvm-dev
archives for more information.

> - e:\llvm\llvm\include\llvm\Support\Compressor.h(53) : error C2039:
> 'string' : is not a member of 'std'
> - e:\llvm\llvm\include\llvm\ADT\FoldingSet.h(150) : error C2061:
> syntax error : identifier 'uint64_t'
This really means, that some of includes are missing for your build.
For example: uint64_t is typedefed to __int64 for VCPP in
include/llvm/Support/DataTypes.h. Please check everything twice.

> The windows seems not to know the string type, so you must include it
> directly through #include <string>. I did it for some files in
> support missing that and it
> works fine (it should also not brake UNIX compatibility).
The same as prev. The STL includes are already in place.

> (I don't seem to find it ...). There is also a small fix needed in
> System library itself, some things are outdated.
Could you please be more concrete? win32 flavour of System library
builds and runs fine with mingw32 target, so it seems (at least to me)
to be in good condition.

> It also seems that other project (Analyzer ...) require some sort of
> prebuild steps (Intrinsics.h not found) ... Could you send me a
> commad that would generate all those prerequisites (or at least tell
> me where to look:) ).
Intrinsincs.h is in include/llvm.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.