[LLVMdev] llvm windows re-port

Žiga Osolin ziga.osolin at gimb.org
Sat Nov 4 03:48:23 PST 2006

Hi, everyone!

I decided to make llvm port on windows, to support at least Visual
Studio 7.1 and Visual Studio 8. I guess I will make only Visual Studio
7.1 version,
since it can be easily converted to version 8.

I am using the already made build system made by Morten Ofstad. I don't
know how long has it been when he left, but most of the projects are there,
only some files are missing and many are not included in build.I will
make this in no time. However, I have a little bit bigger problem. The
code is not
really ported to windows, and I get a lot of errors (and tons of
warnings) like this:

- e:\llvm\llvm\include\llvm\Support\Compressor.h(53) : error C2039:
'string' : is not a member of 'std'
- e:\llvm\llvm\include\llvm\ADT\FoldingSet.h(150) : error C2061: syntax
error : identifier 'uint64_t'

The windows seems not to know the string type, so you must include it
directly through #include <string>. I did it for some files in support
missing that and it
works fine (it should also not brake UNIX compatibility).

Also, windows does not know the type uint64_t, only __int64. Where
should I put typedef for this type, maybe some file that gets included
everywhere
(I don't seem to find it ...). There is also a small fix needed in
System library itself, some things are outdated.

The other problem I have is that there are some files auto-generated. I
could include this generations as pre-build events in visual studio (the
configuration
project generates only config.h, DataTypes.h ... The current build
system does not seem to generate those files in X86 project, how can I
create them
(just tell me the command).

It also seems that other project (Analyzer ...) require some sort of
prebuild steps (Intrinsics.h not found) ... Could you send me a commad
that would generate
all those prerequisites (or at least tell me where to look:) ).

I hope I will make the project port soon enough.

Regards,
Žiga