[LLVMdev] llvm - suspend and resume programs?

James Supancic arrummzen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 17:47:18 PDT 2006

llvm - suspend and resume programs?

I would like to find a way to suspend llvm programs to a file, and then
resume them latter (perhaps with a different virtual virtual machine, or
even a different physical machine).
Ignoring issues with external library, and operating system state, this
should be possible. (I am aware that most programs, and most libraries would
have major issues with this type of thing, but I think I can write my
applications to deal with such a change).

Do any current llvm interpreters support such a thing? After looking through
the llvm source code base, I don't think the chances of such a feature are
high, but I thought that I would ask just to be sure.

Thank you for your time,
James Supancic