[LLVMdev] No crt2.o file found

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Sat Dec 23 15:48:21 PST 2006

Hello, Matthew.

> Hmm there is no llvm-gcc directory in either the patch file or what made it
> on to my system. Furthermore there are no crt*.o files after my build until
> I put them in the lib directory, which where they are in the patch file.
> Again the clean must have removed them.
Well. Actually you should have 2 trees:
1. One you're building LLVM in. There is directory Release inside (after
build) with sub-directories bin & lib. Let us call this dir "llvm".
2. The tree with llvm-gcc4 unpacked from tarball. Let us call this dir
"llvm-gcc".

It's highly recommended not to mix them, otherwise you'll get funny
results (e.g. during "make clean"). Note, that crt*.o should be inside
"llvm-gcc/lib" directory, as they're in "lib" subdirectory of llvm-gcc4
tarball.

> I think the patch files are dated.  After running patch I got the following
> failures
Surely. As I've said, they are against current CVS head (2.0cvs), not
1.9. You had 3 merge problems, since files itself changed alot during
last 2 months. Probably, you should apply them by hands.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.