[LLVMdev] No crt2.o file found

SevenThunders mattcbro at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 23 15:00:19 PST 2006

Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hello, Matthew.
>

>> Aha! I just noted that the archive does in fact have the crt*.o files,
>> but they did not end up in my lib directory after
>> I built the system.
> They shouldn't. They actually should be in llvm-gcc/lib directory.

Hmm there is no llvm-gcc directory in either the patch file or what made it
on to my system. Furthermore there are no crt*.o files after my build until
I put them in the lib directory, which where they are in the patch file.
Again the clean must have removed them.

>> My final question is just what functionality is disabled with the mingw
>> distribution?
>> Is it just the use of lli?
> As of 1.9 - yes.
>
>>  This used to work with the msvc compiled tools.
> This isn't true, since there were no JIT codegen for dllimported
> symbols.
>
>>  Is it possible to recover the missing functionality of the Jit
>> interpreter using msvc to compile these tools?
> Recently I've made several fixes to libSystem & codegen (in CVS head):
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20061218/041588.html
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20061218/041643.html
>
> This will enable to run lli on huge amount of applications. Probably,
> you have to apply them to your current 1.9 tree (+patches from
> llvm-gcc4-1.9-patched) in order to enable lli for 1.9 release.
>
> --
> With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.
>
> Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.

I think the patch files are dated.  After running patch I got the following
failures
$ patch -i X86Subtargetcpp.patch -b
patching file `X86Subtarget.cpp'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 32.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 192 (offset -15 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to X86Subtarget.cpp.rej

$ patch -i X86Subtargeth.patch -b
patching file `X86Subtarget.h'
Hunk #1 succeeded at 60 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 114.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to X86Subtarget.h.rej

$ patch -i X86TargetMachinecpp.patch -b
patching file `X86TargetMachine.cpp'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 166.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to X86TargetMachine.cpp.rej

Not surprisingly after these failures make at the llvm directory level
failed:
make[3]: Entering directory `/d/apps/llvm/lib/Target/X86'
llvm[3]: Compiling X86Subtarget.cpp for Release build
X86Subtarget.cpp:196: error: no `void llvm::X86Subtarget::SetJITMode()'
member function declared in class `llvm::X86Subtarget'
make[3]: *** [/d/apps/llvm/lib/Target/X86/Release/X86Subtarget.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/d/apps/llvm/lib/Target/X86'
make[2]: *** [X86/.makeall] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/apps/llvm/lib/Target'
make[1]: *** [Target/.makeall] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/apps/llvm/lib'
make: *** [all] Error 1

I can provide more details if needed.