[LLVMdev] combined arm patch

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 12:32:23 PST 2006

On 12/2/06, Jim Laskey <jlaskey at apple.com> wrote:
> Rafael,
>
> Please bracket portions of your changes that involve modification of
> C/C++ source code.  For cases of modifying configuration scripts and
> make files, use your best judgement.  Obviously having the brackets
> emitted in generated code is problematic (line numbers et cetera), so
> don't bother in those cases.
>
> Beside marking the changes we've made, the purpose of APPLE LOCAL
> brackets is reduce confusion when we merge with the main branch
> (sometimes a very hairy task when there are lots of conflicts.)

I think that adding the marks may actually increase the number of
spurious conflicts (I had some problem with them while backporting
patches from 4.1).

Anyway, I have attached a version with the brackets. Is it ok? I
believe that it is mostly ARM specific. A bootstrap on a AMD64 breaks
on the same spot as before :-)

> Cheers,

Best Regards,
Rafael