[LLVMdev] updating the "Getting Started" page with more info about the gcc4 frontend

Lee Elenbaas lee.elenbaas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 23:01:46 PDT 2006

I will join in on the questions as a complete newbie

is there anywhere a complete list of the environment variables used by llvm
and what i should put in each of them before and after the install?

so fur my attempt to get the configure script to run ended in a few wornings
that i haven't been able to find the solutions to them in the documentation.

thanks
lee

On 8/25/06, Erick Tryzelaar <erickt at dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Chris Lattner wrote:
> > Patches welcome.  Please send a patch, or even just some suggested
> > text, and we'll be happy to include it.  Remember that the people who
> > usually end up writing the FAQ's already know all the answers, so it's
> > hard for us to see things from fresh perspectives sometimes :)
> >
> > -Chris
> >
> Actually, my request for more info in the "Getting Started" had some
> hidden questions, as I don't know the answer to them :) So to be a
> little more clear, here are the two I had:
>
> Does the gcc4 no longer need the "fixheaders" script that the gcc3.4
> frontends uses?
>
> Is it possible to install both the gcc4 and the gcc3.4 frontends at the
> same time, or are they mutually exclusive? If so, how? If not, would it
> require a full rebuild, and renaming the executables something like
> llvm-gcc3?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -e

lee