[LLVMdev] updating the "Getting Started" page with more info about the gcc4 frontend

Erick Tryzelaar erickt at dslextreme.com
Thu Aug 24 22:55:30 PDT 2006

Chris Lattner wrote:
> Patches welcome.  Please send a patch, or even just some suggested
> text, and we'll be happy to include it.  Remember that the people who
> usually end up writing the FAQ's already know all the answers, so it's
> hard for us to see things from fresh perspectives sometimes :)
>
> -Chris

Actually, my request for more info in the "Getting Started" had some
hidden questions, as I don't know the answer to them :) So to be a
little more clear, here are the two I had:

Does the gcc4 no longer need the "fixheaders" script that the gcc3.4
frontends uses?

Is it possible to install both the gcc4 and the gcc3.4 frontends at the
same time, or are they mutually exclusive? If so, how? If not, would it
require a full rebuild, and renaming the executables something like
llvm-gcc3?

Thanks again,

-e