[LLVMdev] small bug in profile.pl?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Oct 13 09:35:46 PDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Ken So wrote:

> I wanted to use to use profile.pl to know the execution
> count of basic blocks. However, I was not successfull with
> the following error message.
>
> I am using the latest version from CVS repository.
>
> Could somebody help me out?

Please try this patch:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20051010/028637.html

Also, if you're on Mac OS/X, the profile.pl script may not work out of the
box.  You might have to replace "profile_rt.so" with "profile_rt.dylib".
On most other unix platforms you should be ok though.

-Chris

> --- Error Message I got ------------------------
> linux$ profile.pl -block ccc.bc
> Error opening
> '/home/myhome/llvm/llvm-install/bin/../../Debug/lib/libprofile_rt\
> .so': Can't open
> :/home/myhome/llvm/llvm-install/bin/../../Debug/lib/libprofile\
> _rt.so:
> /home/myhome/llvm/llvm-install/bin/../../Debug/lib/libprofile_rt.so:
> ca\
> nnot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>  -load request ignored.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/