[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.6 Release Branch

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Nov 2 11:43:28 PST 2005

> 1. I'm still looking for volunteers to test MacOS X and Solaris.    If you'd
> like to volunteer, please email the list to let us know.

I'll do minimal testing on Sparc. I'm not going to look into any
regressions though since no one has been really watching Sparc since I
graduated and I am sure there are regressions.

> 2. If you maintain a platform other than those listed above, you will want to
> test the release branch for regressions.  A regression is anything that
> worked on your platform in LLVM 1.5 that doesn't work in the release branch.

I looked at the llvm-dev archives and it seems the branch was created on
May 13th. So we should look at May 14th nightly tester results as a
baseline?

I'd prefer not to download the 1.5, compile, and run all tests with that.

We should keep around testing results for each platform for each release
in the future. That would make this sorta thing easier.

-Tanya