[LLVMdev] Cygwin debug build results

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu Jun 2 14:21:57 PDT 2005

>Your "make check" output has two classes of errors:

>1. llvm-gcc or llvm-g++ not being found. Its possible this results from
>Cygwin requiring the .exe extension. The makefiles probably need to be
>enhanced to include the suffix.

Okay, but that did not seem to be a problem before.

I thought about that being a possible problem. The make install removes the
.exe extensions.
But it does stop them being executed outside of Cygwin/bash.

>2. You have a permissions problem on:
>test/Regression/Analysis/Andersens/Output/basictest.ll.out.script. The
>file couldn't be opened for writing. Possibly you have a hung build or
>the permissions are just plain wrong?

No .script file there there is basictest.ll.out however.

>The messages indicating that LLVMGCCDIR is not set properly probably
>also originate from not having the .exe suffix placed correctly. I'll
>see if I can work up a patch for you.

Okay.

Shall I do the ENABLE_OPTIMIZED "release" build now or wait till we have
ironed out these last few problems; and do it tommorow.

You have not commited the X86JITInfo.cpp patch yet ?

Thanks again for the support, hopefully we will get it solved soon.

Aaron