[LLVMdev] Re: LLVM to SUIF-MACH VM binary

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 20 09:51:15 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 02:38:39AM -0800, John Cortes wrote:
> I tried including the SUIFvm header files and got more errors than I
> bargained for.  Looks like it hasn't been updated to be portable.  I
> need some help in getting these suifvm references into the code I'm
> writing.

While I understand that your current goal is translating LLVM -> SUIF,
it seems that you're running into problems with the SUIF IR itself.

Could you explain the overall goals of your project?  It may be possible
to do it all within LLVM, possibly with some extensions.  As I see it,
you're looking either at writing SUIF additions or LLVM additions, and
given the wealth of LLVM documentation and the fact that it's very
actively maintained, that may be the better route.  However, it all
depends on what you want, what LLVM currently provides, and what it can
be extended to do within reasonable amount of time...

> Could you have any specific information on the suifvm or suif ir so I
> could write it by hand?  The documentation available on the mach-suif
> website doesn't seem to be enough.

This might make things somewhat difficult...

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu