[LLVMdev] LLVM & Incremental Compilation

Sébastien Pierre sebastien at type-z.org
Mon Jan 17 10:45:41 PST 2005

Le 17 janv. 05, à 17:33, Chris Lattner a écrit :

> That is entirely possible.  However, LLVM evolution is driven by
> experience.  This means we prefer to implement something the
> straight-forward way using existing features if we can, instead of
> adding a bunch of stuff to LLVM all of the time.  This shows us
> exactly what the problems are, and allows us to understand what a good
> solution would look like.
>
> If you propose a simple extension "in the spirit of LLVM" and
> demonstrate how it makes the produced code better in some way, there
> is a good chance that we'll accept it.  However, if the extension is
> language or target specific, is not "low level", is complex, etc, we
> probably won't.

Cool, that's good to know :)

I don't have an LLVM project right now, but the more I see the
evolution of the project, the more I know that I should start to use it
;)

So nothing right now, but hopefully in a not-to-far-away future...

  -- Sébastien

--
«And never can a man be more disastrously in death than when death
itself shall be deathless.»