[LLVMdev] Version Control

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Fri Jan 7 09:58:53 PST 2005

LLVMers,

The oversight group has been kicking around the idea of getting a better
version control system than CVS. The problem is, we're not quite sure
what "better" means. So, we thought we'd ask your opinions.

There are three options, unless someone strongly advocates another
solution:

1. Stay with CVS
2. Use Subversion
3. Use arch

Some of the things we're trying to accomplish are:

      * Atomic commit (all changed files in a change set get committed
        or none of them do). [Subversion]
      * Apache httpd based authentication/authorization [Subversion with
        mod_webdav]