[LLVMdev] cfrontend building

Stephan Wienczny Stephan at wienczny.de
Tue Aug 9 05:52:23 PDT 2005

Am Montag, 8. August 2005 20:04 schrieb Reid Spencer:
> Answers inline ..
>

> Is emake 100% compatible with GNU Make 3.79 or later?

emake is a python function that calls make internally.

> Try it with the build directory not inside the cfrontend directory, that
> will probably solve things for you.
>
> Reid

Hallo,

I found the problem. The gcc sources are older than those on my system. I've
got some CFLAGS that the old gcc does not know, eg. -march=pentium-m. Are
these flags filtered out everything works fine ;-)

What are the differences between the cfrontends.tar.gz and the corresponding
gcc release? What would have to be done to get a new version of gcc working
as frontend?

Stephan