[LLVMdev] cfrontend building

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Mon Aug 8 11:04:23 PDT 2005

Answers inline ..

Stephan Wienczny wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> do you know if bootstrap is the default target?

No, "all" is the default.

> This is what I'm doing:
> <code>
> inherit eutils
>
> DESCRIPTION="C, C++ Frontend for Low Level Virtual _Machine"
> HOMEPAGE="http://llvm.org/"
> SRC_URI="http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/releases/${PV}/cfrontend-${PV}.source.tar.gz"
>
> LICENSE="llvm"
> SLOT="0"
> KEYWORDS="~ppc ~sparc ~x86"
> IUSE=""
>
> DEPEND=
>
> S=${WORKDIR}/cfrontend
>
> src_unpack() {
>     unpack ${A}
>     cd cfrontend
>     mkdir build

I wouldn't put the "build" directory inside of the "cfrontend" directory, put
it alongside instead. That is, reverse the order of the cd and mkdir commands
above.
> }
>
> src_compile() {
> 	cd ${S}/build
If you change the location of the build directory, this will need to change too.
> 	../src/configure --prefix=/usr --disable-threads --disable-nls
> --disable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++ --program-prefix=llvm-
>         emake || die

Is emake 100% compatible with GNU Make 3.79 or later?

> }
>
> src_install() {
>         emake DESTDIR=${D} install || die
> }
> </code>
>
> maybe I should try emake all instead of emake... I'll try.

"emake all" would certainly be more strongly directive but shouldn't be
necessary. These steps look okay to me.

> Stephan

Try it with the build directory not inside the cfrontend directory, that will
probably solve things for you.

Reid