[LLVMdev] Re: Starting with LLVM-GCC on Cygwin

Alex Vinokur alexvn at go.to
Wed Oct 6 09:57:55 PDT 2004

"Chris Lattner" <sabre at nondot.org> wrote in message news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0410061044190.367-100000 at nondot.org...
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Alex Vinokur wrote:
> > > have less impact than for a CPU bound program).  In any case, I've added
> > > this program to the LLVM testsuite as
> > > SingleSource/Benchmarks/Misc-C++/bigfib.cpp, so we should have numbers for
> > > it generated every night on multiple platforms.
> > >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Newsgroup http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.c%2B%2B.perfometer contains another testsuites.
> > For instance:
>
> > 2. C/C++ Program Perfometer
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-perfometer/
> > http://alexvn.freeservers.com/s1/perfometer.html
> >
> > Latest version is 2.8.0-1.18. Its description can be ssen at
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.c%2B%2B.perfometer/39
>
> I downloaded this and took a quick look at it.  It looks like an
> interesting suite of benchmarks, similar in design to oopack.
> Unfortunately, it does not compile with LLVM (or GCC 3.4), as the source
> is not compliant with two phase name lookup.  I get errors such as:
>
> $ llvmg++ -O3 -I. -DOPT_LEVEL=-1 -W -Wall -c pfmeter.cpp
> In file included from pfmeter2.h:50,
>                  from pfmeter.cpp:44:
> pfmeter.h: In destructor `ClassPerfoMeter<T1, T2,
> T3>::~ClassPerfoMeter()':
> pfmeter.h:620: error: there are no arguments to
> `check_state_resource_values' that depend on a template parameter, so a
> declaration of `check_state_resource_values' must be available
> pfmeter.h:620: error: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept your
> code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
> pfmeter.h:621: error: there are no arguments to `check_state_clock' that
> depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `check_state_clock'
> must be available
>
> and (with -fpermissive):
> pfmeter2.h: In member function `void ClassPerfoMeter<T1, T2,
> T3>::dtor_action() const':
> pfmeter2.h:832: error: `end_resource_value_' undeclared (first use this
> function)
>
> In any case, our test suite works best with individual programs that do
> one thing, then exit (like the fib program), so perfmeter isn't directly
> useful.  It's a neat suite though, thanks for the pointer!

[snip]

Thanks.

I compiled that with g++ 3.3 some time ago.

I checked that again.
* It is compiled fine with g++ 3.3.
* It isn't compiled with g++ 3.4.

I have such a problem with my other projects.

I should update C/C++ Perfometer to suit it to g++ 3.4.

Thanks again.

--
 Alex Vinokur
     http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn