[LLVMdev] All SingleSource and MultiSource tests failed at FreeBSD

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed Nov 10 11:28:18 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 11:06, Vladimir Merzliakov wrote:
> > Current CVS LLVM build without problems but gmake install failed with
> > message:
> >
> > `/usr/home/wanderer/pkg/build/llvm/obj/lib/System'
> > llvm[1]: Compiling MappedFile.cpp for Debug build
> > /home/wanderer/pkg/build/llvm/src/llvm/lib/System/MappedFile.cpp:27:35:
> > platform/MappedFile.cpp: No such file or directory
> Also note: i find text in LLVM build log:
>
> config.status: executing tools/sample/Makefile commands
> gmake[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/home/wanderer/pkg/build/llvm/obj/lib/System'
> llvm[1]: Compiling MappedFile.cpp for Debug build
> llvm[1]: Compiling Memory.cpp for Debug build
>
> And then MappedFile.o compiled but not found gmake install.

I don't know what to tell you. This works for me on Linux and Solaris.
The install target has nothing to do with MappedFile.cpp unless
MappedFile.o is out of date in which case it needs to be rebuilt before
installing. All these dependencies have worked well on multiple
platforms for a couple weeks now.

Only thing I can think of is that your "platform" link is missing.
make sure "platform is a symbolic link to your platform's subdirectory
in the llvm/lib/System directory. If you're on FreeBSD then:

ln -s FreeBSD platform

this should have been done for you when you configured.

Reid.