[LLVMdev] Plea for help

Finn S Andersen finna at synputer.com
Mon May 3 10:17:03 PDT 2004

Sorry to disturb you all, but I simply cannot get
the linearscan allocator to work. I have upgraded
llvm to mainline cvs. Everything works until I get
to llc -regalloc=linearscan or lli -regalloc=linearscan.

I have installed it on redhat 9 and on Fedora Core
distributions (I even took it as far as to format  a new
partition and install Fedora core all over). I have submitted
the bytecode that triggers the error, but IT WORKS
JUST FINE for John (see below). Apparently, the error
only shows itself on my installation.

Guess I must be making some stupid mistake with
my configuration. I do believe that I follow the recipe
given. Now I'm stuck. Any kind of even remote ideas
about what kind of strange dependencies I have violated ?
Anybody running it on RedHat Linux ?  RedHat has
been known to ship installations with problems before,
like when they shipped it with a strange gcc version.

Any kind of help is most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
/Finn