[LLVMdev] Bytecode Changes

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Sun Jul 25 11:30:53 PDT 2004

Folks,

I have committed my last round of byte code changes for the LLVM 1.3
release. These changes provide fixes for bugs 263, 401, and 402. The
basic changes are:

- support for dependent libraries list in modules
- support for target triple in modules
- smaller block header sizes (50% reduction)
- pre-allocated buffer space for writing byte code files
- various code cleanups

These changes *should* be 100% transparent to you since the version
number increased (to 3) with these changes. Reading of version 2 byte
code has been tested and works well.

You will only incur these changes if you cvs update the changes, rebuild
the llvm tools set and (c) rebuild the runtime libraries.

This change set passes 100% Feature, 100% Regression and the Olden test
suite.

Reid.