[LLVMdev] VC++: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h':No suchfileor directory

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Sat Dec 25 16:28:40 PST 2004

It's a possibility, though it would be better to create whole separate
trees for different versions of VS.  It's not just the project and
solutions that need to be kept separate; the object files themselves
cannot be mixed between different versions of VS.

There's no rush though.  Trust me, C/C++ programmers will not rush to
adopt Whidbey once it's released.  You'd be amazed at the amount of
commercial Windows software development that still uses VC++ 6.0 even
today.  And that's with 7.1 offering real advantages to C++ programmers
over 7.0, which itself had real advantages over 6.0.  I've yet to see
anything for us in 8.0.  I can't imagine upgrading before 8.1 or even
9.0, and then with reluctance.