[LLVMdev] A first!

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Thu Dec 23 20:00:01 PST 2004

There's a problem with the license for ltdl.c when building with VC++.
It is under the LGPL, with a special exception:

As a special exception to the GNU Lesser General Public License,
if you distribute this file as part of a program or library that
is built using GNU libtool, you may include it under the same
distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

The problem is, when built with Visual Studio, libtool is not used.
Therefore the LGPL exception does not apply, thereby infecting all of
LLVM with the LGPL.