[LLVMdev] Compiling with Intel c++ 8.0

Bjørn Wennberg bjornw at hue.no
Wed Dec 8 05:03:08 PST 2004

Hi,

I am attempting to compile the llvm distribution with the Intel Compiler 8.0
on linux and I have some minor patches I would like to apply. In our project
we compile and run the code both on win32, together with Morten Ofstad using
the MS compiler, and on linux using the intel compiler.

I have wrapped the extra code to make llvm compile for icc in
#ifdef __INTEL_COMPILER
#endif

The patches in llvm/autoconf is to assure the configure scripts allows the
compiler icc to be run during the macro "checking tools compability".

PS: It would be nice if from the configure options one could choose more
strictly amongst whats going to be compiled and not. E.g., I would like to
say I would only compile the libs (no tools or utillities), neither do I
need the compression support like bzlib.

PPS: The Makefile.rules file clearly defined gcc compile time flags, if I
create a "--enable-intel-compiler" option and perform a global naming in
such a way that one could differentiate between the GNU compiler and the ICC
compiler - and hence setup the compile-time flags - would that be the way to
go?

Sincerely
Bjornw>

Bjørn Wennberg | bjornw at hue.no | +47 98678266 | http://www.hue.no