[LLVMdev] JIT stubs for functions with external linkage

Morten Ofstad morten at hue.no
Fri Dec 3 02:34:59 PST 2004

Hi,

Before I go ahead and remove the generation of stubs for external
functions, is there any good reason why they get generated? I can
understand that the JIT wants to make stubs for the functions it
compiles itself - it enables selective recompilation and replacement -
but functions which are defined in a library (or in my case by the
application using the JIT) can't be changed anyway. For me the extra jmp
instruction for each call is significant, so I want to remove it...

m.