[LLVMdev] Optimization opportunity

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Sun Aug 29 16:01:48 PDT 2004

Fair enough...  The following tests under MultiSource fail:

Benchmarks/Olden/power
Benchmarks/OptimizerEval
Benchmarks/Ptrdist/ks
Benchmarks/MallocBench/perl
Applications/sgefa

However, they also fail in the exact same way without my change.
OptimizerEval appears to be non-deterministic; it produces different
output each time it runs.  Everything else passes.  I also compared a
few *.s files generated by the tests, with and without my change, to see
if everything is as I expected.

I tried running SingleSource also, and ran into a few problems.  Some of
the tests failed because they cannot include alloca.h.  This may be a
linux dependency.  Anyway, again I saw the same results with or without
my change.

I cannot run qmtest at all.  I don't seem to have it or any way of
building it.

There's no rush to commit this.  If you don't feel comfortable doing so,
it can wait until Chris gets back.  And as it's my first submission, you
shouldn't feel comfortable :)

Jeff