[LLVMdev] Can't get llvmg++ to work

Vladimir Merzliakov wanderer at rsu.ru
Thu Aug 19 10:03:44 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Cohen" <jeffc at jolt-lang.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Can't get llvmg++ to work

> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:45:23 -0700
> Reid Spencer <reid at x10sys.com> wrote:
>
> > > I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1 with gcc 3.3.3.  I had some problem starting
> > > the build as I had to get linux binary emulation to work.  (The
problem
> > > here is that FreeBSD can be made compatible with 5 different distros,
> > > and not all of them work with LLVM.  I used linux_base-8; linux_base-6
> > > did not work.)  I did have some build errors, which look like they may
> > > be relevant:
> > >

> It seems my best bet is to try and build the front end myself.  I'm using
gcc 3.3.3.

I build without porblems C frontend (CVS version) using gcc 3.4.1 many time
at FreeBSD 5.1
Also I succesfully build it using gcc 3.5 (mainline CVS version) some time
ago.

I attach shell script that i use for authomatic build C frontend at my
system.
It have some redundent and host specific parts but can be useful for
comporison.

Vladimir