[LLVMdev] languages, semantic trees, LLVM interfaces

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 9 06:17:03 PDT 2003

> VSA> For OCAML, for example, the front-end is quite sophisticated
> VSA> and complex and the LLVM representation would not be suitable for
> VSA> supporting all the checking and translation.
>
> But I have just meant ocamlyacc, i.e. ocaml clone of the yacc.
> And here my question was: what kind of interface is expected to use
> from within ocml, CommonLisp implementations, Haskel and other nice
> language implementations? What is the expected way of interfacing
> LLVM for those non-C language implementations? shared libraries with
> plain C-interface or what?

Valery,

This is a good question and I don't think we have a good answer yet.  We
are already facing this issue for JVM and OCAML front-ends which we hope
to develop in the next few months.  If we have a good solution, we'll
definitely let this list know.

--Vikram

 VIKRAM S. ADVE
 Assistant Professor                        E-MAIL: vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
 Department of Computer Science             PHONE:  (217) 244-2016
 Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign      FAX:    (217) 244-6869
 1304 W. Springfield Ave.               http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
 Urbana IL 61801-2987.                  http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/