[LLVMdev] writing a pass

Nicholas Rizzolo rizzolo at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 9 13:02:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, John Criswell wrote:

> Dear Nicholas,

You can call me Nick.  :)

> 	Are you compiling on Sparc or x86?  I'd like to know in order to try to
> reproduce your error.

Sparc.  (Solaris 5.8).

> 	Also, can you send us a copy of the bytecode file that you are using as
> input to opt?

Sure - I don't think it's of any use though - I don't even get a
description of the "Hello" transformation in the text generated by

  opt -load ... -help

> 	One thing that I found odd is that opt cannot use a library name unless
> it is an absolute or relative path.  For example,
>
> 	opt -load ./libhello.so
>
> 	works, but
>
> 	opt -load libhello.so
>
> 	does not (although it seems to give an error message instead of failing
> quietly).

I've tried both absolute and relative paths, and they fail quietly.  When
I mistyped the path, opt gave an error saying the load failed because the
library file could not be found.

Thanks,
 - Nick