[LLVMdev] writing a pass

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 9 12:35:01 PDT 2003

Dear Nicholas,

	I've compiled both optimized and debug builds on Linux, and both seem
to work as described in the documentation.

	Are you compiling on Sparc or x86?  I'd like to know in order to try to
reproduce your error.

	Also, can you send us a copy of the bytecode file that you are using as
input to opt?

	One thing that I found odd is that opt cannot use a library name unless
it is an absolute or relative path.  For example,

	opt -load ./libhello.so

	works, but

	opt -load libhello.so

	does not (although it seems to give an error message instead of failing
quietly).

	If you could send us the above information, that'd be great.

	Thanks.

-- John T.