[LLVMdev] parallel complie

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 25 03:43:01 PST 2003

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 04:37:54PM +0800, yue wrote:
> does someone consider parallel compiler using llvm?

What sort of parallelism do you mean?

Parallel compilation, e.g. optimize functions in parallel so the
compiler runs faster, or parallelize resulting programs for faster
performance?

If you mean the first, we haven't looked into it yet, but the
infrastructure is there to run FunctionPasses in parallel if someone
wants to work on it.

If you mean the second, we're actively investigating that right now, but
it's at the earliest design stages at this point.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu