[llvm] [CODEOWNERS] Request notifications (PR #227742)

Ramkumar Ramachandra via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 1 01:00:38 PDT 2026


artagnon wrote:

> > I only put up this PR as a last-ditch effort, after my pr-subscribers request has been pending for over three weeks, and I ran out of things to try. I
> 
> I am not sure what this means, trying to add yourself to a group and it did not get approved?

I don't know if it was rejected, or if the relevant person didn't get around to seeing my request, but I'm not getting any emails?
 
> > GitHub send unstructured HTML emails, and I'm not able to figure out how to get it to send structured plain-text email or structured plain-text over NNTP either
> 
> I am not sure how adding to code owners helps, it will also send the same emails via Github? With labels, the anyone can find the PRs in the Github UI + get emails if they subscribe

Yeah, except that I will only get relevant emails, filtered on the specified files: hence, there would be no filtering required on my end. Can you kindly point me to documentation on how to subscribe to labels to get emails from them -- I've been searching, and as far as I can tell, the feature is unimplemented in GitHub, but present in GitLab? We can then add more labels, and I can revert this patch?

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/227742


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list