[llvm] [mlir] [NFC][mlir][NVVM] Move op descriptions to NVVMOpsDoc.td (PR #225090)
Mehdi Amini via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 28 03:29:56 PDT 2026
joker-eph wrote:
> I agree that stale documentation is always a possibility, even with inline descriptions. We can address this during code review.
You seem to be missing my point: I see your change as making it harder and less likely that we will address this during code review, because now it's not even in the same file, it's not going to show up in the diff. Right now, when someone changes an operation by adding an attribute or something like this, I have the doc right above in the same diff and can review it.
Refactoring common parts of the doc in macros may make sense, but I don't see a strong case for this new file, and there is too many downsides at the moment.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/225090
More information about the llvm-commits
mailing list