[llvm] [BOLT] Add exact-name function skip options (PR #226731)
Adam Bzowski via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 27 13:45:19 PDT 2026
adam-bzowski-arm wrote:
Hi @aaupov , thanks for your comments.
> The current design (suffixing local symbols) is intentional: BOLT treats aliases of local symbols as distinct binary functions, and `-skip-funcs` matches to binary function names.
I can restore the original behavior and match the exact binary names. For my chromium builds, instead of 3502, it gives me 3578 names to skip. So not too many /N copies. And because I don't call `NameResolver::restore`, it is even faster: 231 ms.
> Also, regex/no-regex is orthogonal to suffixed/restored name.
For regexes we do not use restored names. Regex can take care of it. For no-regex it'd say it's a matter of convention. But, as I wrote above, explicit names work even better :)
Would you like me to remove `NameResolver::restore` then?
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/226731
More information about the llvm-commits
mailing list