[llvm] [TableGen] Introduce MatcherList to manage a linked list of Matchers. NFC (PR #177875)

LLVM Continuous Integration via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 13 18:01:09 PST 2026


llvm-ci wrote:

LLVM Buildbot has detected a new failure on builder `hip-third-party-libs-test` running on `ext_buildbot_hw_05-hip-docker` while building `llvm` at step 4 "annotate".

Full details are available at: https://lab.llvm.org/buildbot/#/builders/206/builds/13719

<details>
<summary>Here is the relevant piece of the build log for the reference</summary>

```
Step 4 (annotate) failure: '../llvm-zorg/zorg/buildbot/builders/annotated/hip-tpl.py --jobs=32' (failure)
...
[6346/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/ExtractAPI/CMakeFiles/obj.clangExtractAPI.dir/API.cpp.o
[6347/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Rewrite/CMakeFiles/obj.clangRewrite.dir/TokenRewriter.cpp.o
[6348/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Sema/CMakeFiles/obj.clangSema.dir/SemaStmt.cpp.o
[6349/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Action.cpp.o
[6350/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Phases.cpp.o
[6351/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Distro.cpp.o
[6352/8488] Creating library symlink lib/libLLVMAnalysis.so
[6353/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/OffloadBundler.cpp.o
[6354/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Tool.cpp.o
[6355/8488] Building X86GenDAGISel.inc...
FAILED: lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc 
cd /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86 && /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/llvm-tblgen -gen-dag-isel -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86 -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/include -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target -omit-comments /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86.td --write-if-changed -o /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc
llvm-tblgen: /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/utils/TableGen/DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:486: void FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator): Assertion `!Optn == !Tmp && "Expected all to be null if any are null"' failed.
PLEASE submit a bug report to https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/ and include the crash backtrace and instructions to reproduce the bug.
Stack dump:
0.	Program arguments: /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/llvm-tblgen -gen-dag-isel -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86 -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/include -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target -omit-comments /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86.td --write-if-changed -o /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc
 #0 0x0000712d73816960 llvm::sys::PrintStackTrace(llvm::raw_ostream&, int) (/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/../lib/libLLVMSupport.so.23.0git+0x216960)
 #1 0x0000712d7381363f llvm::sys::RunSignalHandlers() (/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/../lib/libLLVMSupport.so.23.0git+0x21363f)
 #2 0x0000712d73813792 SignalHandler(int, siginfo_t*, void*) Signals.cpp:0:0
 #3 0x0000712d731ed520 (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x42520)
 #4 0x0000712d732419fc pthread_kill (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x969fc)
 #5 0x0000712d731ed476 gsignal (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x42476)
 #6 0x0000712d731d37f3 abort (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x287f3)
 #7 0x0000712d731d371b (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x2871b)
 #8 0x0000712d731e4e96 (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x39e96)
 #9 0x000058f8d1ac6c16 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#10 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#11 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#12 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#13 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#14 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#15 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#16 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#17 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#18 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#19 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#20 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#21 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#22 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#23 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#24 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#25 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#26 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#27 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#28 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#29 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#30 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#31 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#32 0x000058f8d1a9dffc llvm::TableGen::Emitter::OptClass<(anonymous namespace)::DAGISelEmitter>::run(llvm::StringRef, llvm::RecordKeeper const&) DAGISelEmitter.cpp:0:0
Step 7 (build cmake config) failure: build cmake config (failure)
...
[6346/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/ExtractAPI/CMakeFiles/obj.clangExtractAPI.dir/API.cpp.o
[6347/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Rewrite/CMakeFiles/obj.clangRewrite.dir/TokenRewriter.cpp.o
[6348/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Sema/CMakeFiles/obj.clangSema.dir/SemaStmt.cpp.o
[6349/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Action.cpp.o
[6350/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Phases.cpp.o
[6351/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Distro.cpp.o
[6352/8488] Creating library symlink lib/libLLVMAnalysis.so
[6353/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/OffloadBundler.cpp.o
[6354/8488] Building CXX object tools/clang/lib/Driver/CMakeFiles/obj.clangDriver.dir/Tool.cpp.o
[6355/8488] Building X86GenDAGISel.inc...
FAILED: lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc 
cd /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86 && /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/llvm-tblgen -gen-dag-isel -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86 -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/include -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target -omit-comments /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86.td --write-if-changed -o /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc
llvm-tblgen: /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/utils/TableGen/DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:486: void FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator): Assertion `!Optn == !Tmp && "Expected all to be null if any are null"' failed.
PLEASE submit a bug report to https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/ and include the crash backtrace and instructions to reproduce the bug.
Stack dump:
0.	Program arguments: /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/llvm-tblgen -gen-dag-isel -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86 -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/include -I/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target -omit-comments /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/llvm-project/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86.td --write-if-changed -o /home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/lib/Target/X86/X86GenDAGISel.inc
 #0 0x0000712d73816960 llvm::sys::PrintStackTrace(llvm::raw_ostream&, int) (/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/../lib/libLLVMSupport.so.23.0git+0x216960)
 #1 0x0000712d7381363f llvm::sys::RunSignalHandlers() (/home/botworker/bbot/hip-third-party-libs-test/build/bin/../lib/libLLVMSupport.so.23.0git+0x21363f)
 #2 0x0000712d73813792 SignalHandler(int, siginfo_t*, void*) Signals.cpp:0:0
 #3 0x0000712d731ed520 (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x42520)
 #4 0x0000712d732419fc pthread_kill (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x969fc)
 #5 0x0000712d731ed476 gsignal (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x42476)
 #6 0x0000712d731d37f3 abort (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x287f3)
 #7 0x0000712d731d371b (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x2871b)
 #8 0x0000712d731e4e96 (/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6+0x39e96)
 #9 0x000058f8d1ac6c16 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#10 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#11 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#12 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#13 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#14 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#15 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#16 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#17 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#18 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#19 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#20 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#21 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#22 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#23 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#24 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#25 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#26 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#27 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#28 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#29 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#30 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#31 0x000058f8d1ac5e27 FactorScope(llvm::MatcherList&, llvm::MatcherList::iterator_impl<false>) DAGISelMatcherOpt.cpp:0:0
#32 0x000058f8d1a9dffc llvm::TableGen::Emitter::OptClass<(anonymous namespace)::DAGISelEmitter>::run(llvm::StringRef, llvm::RecordKeeper const&) DAGISelEmitter.cpp:0:0

```

</details>

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/177875


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list