[llvm] Reapply x2 "[Offload][lit] Link against SPIR-V DeviceRTL if present" (PR #181429)
Nick Sarnie via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 13 14:11:31 PST 2026
https://github.com/sarnex created https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/181429
I had to revert this twice because the production buildbot infra wasn't picking up or change that starts building the DeviceRTL. I
I emaild the maintainers and learned it may take up to a week, but the staging area is updated every two hours.
I moved our buildbot to the staging area temporarily as we wait for the main area to pick up our change building the DeviceRTL.
Apply this change so we can have it test4ed in the staging area, which is updated. I won't move the machine back to proiduction until everything is working.
>From a35eded7328f64a0c01b44489e33e2973276c074 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Nick Sarnie <nick.sarnie at intel.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2026 16:48:36 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] =?UTF-8?q?Revert=20"Revert=20"[Offload][lit]=20Link=20aga?=
=?UTF-8?q?inst=20SPIR-V=20DeviceRTL=20if=20present"=20(#18=E2=80=A6"?=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
This reverts commit 6844af142e5c8309055bcf107b57161f5c7801fe.
---
offload/test/lit.cfg | 5 +++--
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/offload/test/lit.cfg b/offload/test/lit.cfg
index 0d5a9c95c1d95..898258f3e3cd0 100644
--- a/offload/test/lit.cfg
+++ b/offload/test/lit.cfg
@@ -166,7 +166,8 @@ elif config.operating_system == 'Darwin':
config.test_flags += " -Wl,-rpath," + config.library_dir
config.test_flags += " -Wl,-rpath," + config.omp_host_rtl_directory
else: # Unices
- if config.libomptarget_current_target != "nvptx64-nvidia-cuda":
+ if config.libomptarget_current_target != "nvptx64-nvidia-cuda" and \
+ not config.libomptarget_current_target.startswith('spirv'):
config.test_flags += " -nogpulib"
config.test_flags += " -Wl,-rpath," + config.library_dir
config.test_flags += " -Wl,-rpath," + config.omp_host_rtl_directory
@@ -214,7 +215,7 @@ def add_libraries(source):
if "gpu" not in config.available_features:
return source
if "intelgpu" in config.available_features:
- # There is no DeviceRTL for Intel yet and libc doesn't work.
+ # SPIR-V uses an out-of-tree linker and libc doesn't work.
return source
if config.libomptarget_has_libc:
return source + " -Xoffload-linker -lc " + \
More information about the llvm-commits
mailing list