[llvm-branch-commits] [llvm] [LV][REVEC] Initial support for re-vectorisation (PR #208213)

Gaƫtan Bossu via llvm-branch-commits llvm-branch-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 21 10:50:55 PDT 2026


================
@@ -0,0 +1,73 @@
+; RUN: opt -S -passes=loop-vectorize -mtriple=aarch64 -mattr=+sve \
+; RUN:     -scalable-vectorization=on -force-vector-interleave=1 \
+; RUN:     -vectorize-vector-loops < %s | FileCheck %s --check-prefix=IR
+; RUN: opt -disable-output -passes=loop-vectorize -mtriple=aarch64 -mattr=+sve \
+; RUN:     -scalable-vectorization=on -force-vector-interleave=1 \
+; RUN:     -vectorize-vector-loops -pass-remarks-analysis=loop-vectorize \
+; RUN:     < %s 2>&1 | FileCheck %s --check-prefix=REMARKS
+
+; IR-LABEL: @insertelement_cost(
+; IR-NOT: vector.body:
+; REMARKS: loop not vectorized: instruction return type cannot be vectorized
+define void @insertelement_cost(ptr noalias nocapture noundef writeonly %a, ptr nocapture noundef readonly %b) {
----------------
gbossu wrote:

Thanks for the renaming suggestions. I thought the names were already clear enough, but I agree it's better to harmonise. I've done so and also ensured all tests have the BBs in the expected entry-loop-exit order.

> Kindly avoid adding tests that cannot be updated with update_test_checks.py if possible?

I think that's already the case. The vast majority of added tests are auto-updated. Only two are not, for good reason IMO: this one and`revec-maximize-bandwidth.ll`.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/208213


More information about the llvm-branch-commits mailing list