[llvm-branch-commits] [llvm] [SPIR-V] Emit extra DebugExpression ops under NonSemantic.Shader.DebugInfo.200 (PR #223461)

Manuel Carrasco via llvm-branch-commits llvm-branch-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 07:52:30 PDT 2026


mgcarrasco wrote:

@MrSidims huge thanks once again for your input on this. Let me know what you think.

I've revisited things further. I think you're right and the features from .200 that we strictly need for HIP are:

1. The changes in DebugLexicalScope for `inline namespace`
2. The changes in DebugTypeMember for `bitfields`

Regarding the new DWARF operations in .200 (this PR), I think now that is not strictly necessary for HIP because:

1. The .100 subset is enough as long as the IR remains unoptimised as we do _now_ for HIP when targeting SPIRV.
2. The extra operations that we need are related to heterogenous DWARF and are not included in .200.

So based on this I may put this PR on hold until strictly necessary to prioritize others.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/223461


More information about the llvm-branch-commits mailing list