[llvm-branch-commits] [clang] [analyzer][NFC] Index parameter lookups by argument position (PR #221977)

Benedek Kaibas via llvm-branch-commits llvm-branch-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 04:16:21 PDT 2026


================
@@ -63,23 +80,27 @@ void setBitsAccordingToFunctionAttributes(const CallType &Call,
       // 'nonnull' attribute's parameters are 1-based and should be adjusted to
       // match actual AST parameter/argument indices.
       unsigned IdxAST = Idx.getASTIndex();
-      if (IdxAST >= AttrNonNull.size())
+      if (IdxAST < Offset)
+        continue;
+      const unsigned IdxArg = IdxAST - Offset;
----------------
benedekaibas wrote:

> Also, now that I re-read this, please update `IdxAST` to `ASTArgIdx` (if I'm right it is exactly that kind of index). It is close enough to _guess_ the relationship but it would be better if the reader wouldn't need to guess.

I would actually name it DeclParamIdx. It is also what I have in CallEvent.h as a do comment and also getASTIndex is documented as "zero-origin not including any C++ implicit this parameter".

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/221977


More information about the llvm-branch-commits mailing list